Move over clunky desktops and laptops…mobile devices are king when it comes to web browsing. It’s been this way for the past 4 years. In 2014, mobile users surpassed desktop users. Seventy-one percent of internet time comes from mobile devices. Forty-eight percent of consumers start their search with a search engine. Mobile email opens have grown by 180% in the last three years.
The numbers don’t lie, which means your business’ site better be mobile friendly. If it isn’t, a prospective customer will quickly leave your site and move on to the next. You can either create a specific mobile site or make your current site responsive, so the screen and menus will be easy for a person to use on their phone or tablet. To better serve your current clients or prospective ones on a mobile platform, you must re-think your digital marketing strategy and user experience of your website.
Ways to Optimize Your Mobile Site
Here are some tips to make your site and content mobile friendly for users:
- Make your mobile site as simple as possible. Basic info, catchy lines, contact information. People don’t want to scroll on their phone forever to learn about your business or product.
- Keep the number of pages on your mobile site to a minimum.
- To keep your brand intact, match your mobile site to your desktop site, so people don’t think you’re a different business.
- Avoid flash and java.
- Make sure clickable buttons are at least 44 pixels tall.
- Use accelerated mobile pages (AMP) markup. AMP was integrated into Google’s mobile search results. AMP is a Google-backed project that is designed to speed up the delivery of content using stripped down code known as AMP HTML.
- Make sure the text is legible. Aim for a 14/16 size font.
- White space is your friend.
- Make sure your site and images load quickly. Compress images to make sure they take up less space and load faster. Optimize plugins and themes on your site to make sure everything is up-to-date and will load fast and properly. Use a good web host.
- Make sure your site is easy to navigate.
- Write your content so it views better on a smaller screen.
- Choose a responsive HTML web design. Responsive HTML web design means your site adapts to any size screen it is opened on.
- Remove pop ups from your mobile site.
- Use mobile re-directs.
- Give people a link to the full site, so they have the option to read more if they want.
- Many mobile users are a younger audience. When writing content for your mobile site, be aware of your potential customer’s preferences, whether younger or older.
- Create your own mobile app for people to download.
Work with a Jacksonville Digital Marketing Company to Help Your Local Online Searches in Jacksonville
These are just a few tips to help optimize your site for a mobile device. Remember, it’s even more important if you run a local-based business to optimize your site fast. People tend to use their phones before a desktop computer to search for a business locally. If you’re looking to get more business, you’ll have to get your mobile site to appear high in the local search results.
Our team at Fincel Design can help implement an SEO and digital marketing strategy for you, so your business grows and website climbs higher in the rankings. We are a full service digital marketing agency located in Jacksonville, Florida. Let’s get you optimized for mobile today! Email us or call 904-834-0509.