Instagram is more than just a place to post your latest concert photo or to view your best friend’s new shot of her baby. This social media platform can be a powerful SEO tool. Compared to Facebook, Instagram can often be “forgotten” when it comes to focusing social media campaigns and efforts; however, you can truly enhance your business and SEO by properly utilizing this social network app.
If you’re thinking of implementing a SEO strategy, social media should always be a part of it. Instagram is just one of the many social media platforms you, as a business, should include in your strategy. For this article, we will focus on Instagram’s usage. Using social media can raise your KLOUT score, which Google considers when ranking a site; however, Google doesn’t use social media as a ranking factor, but these social media accounts can have an indirect affect on your search engine rankings.
Instagram Ideas for SEO Purposes
Below, our team at Fincel Design, wanted to share with you some tips on how to use Instagram to help boost your SEO efforts.
- Since you cannot put links into your Instagram posts, it is a good idea to change the URL in your profile often. The URL should reflect a current campaign you are running or a page you’d like to receive more traffic. You can reference the new URL in your individual posts. This will help drive people to your site.
- Use the Google URL builder to add a tracking code to the end of the link you place in your Instagram profile, so you will know how many people are clicking on it. Remember to shorten the URL (using a tool) or else it will be too long and won’t look good and possibly won’t fit into the profile.
- Use the tagged location to your benefit. It can be your office location, or a place that reflects your product, business, or campaign.
- People use Instagram similarly to a search engine. In the search bar, people search for things through hashtags. Do your research on hashtags. Find the hashtags that have high volumes that are also relevant to your business. Include these hashtags at the end of your post underneath your caption. Don’t put the hashtags in your caption, because it’s hard to read that way. You can research hashtags through tools like Hashtagify and Websta. Use a max of 9 hashtags.
- Be creative and use your own original hashtag. Promote it in different ways. If you succeed in spreading the word of this hashtag, it can really take off and you can get more eyes and attention to your business. Tell people to hashtag you when they use your service/product.
- The more people you get viewing your Instagram, the more likely your visitors will increase on your site. Social media is a great way to spread brand awareness, which in turn will help your domain authority and rankings in an indirect way.
- You can grow your brand by having people link your content on their own content. If they do this, backlinks are created to your site, which in turn will help your rankings.
- Be active and post often.
- Be engaging with your audience. Ask questions. Post videos and pictures. Run contests. Share exciting news.
- Optimize your Instagram profile as much as possible. It’s a small space so be fun and direct.
Don’t have time and need a Digital Marketing Company to run your Instagram account?
Using Instagram isn’t hard but coming up with a marketing social media strategy can be difficult and time consuming. The above tips can take time to implement. If you’re looking to boost your SEO and expand your brand, think about creating an Instagram account.
Our team at Fincel Design can help implement a SEO and digital marketing strategy for you through social media platforms, so your business and website climb higher in the rankings and receives more visibility. We are a full service digital marketing agency located in Jacksonville, Florida. Let’s get started on a social media strategy today! Contact us through our SEO digital marketing company contact page or call 904-834-0509.