Being 2018, most of us know what a “bad” website looks like. A site that looks like it was made in 1995. No organization. No focal point. Ugly colors. Hard to read. Hard to find information. Tacky. (You get the idea). However, if your site looks visually pleasing, it still can be hurting you. How? Well, it could be lacking a lot of the proper content needed for not only visitors to like your site and purchase your product/service, but for the search engines to like (and read) your site, as well.
As a digital marketing agency in Jacksonville, we wanted to share with you some website content mistakes that commonly occur that can be hurting your SEO and chances for ranking higher.
How to Optimize Your Content
- Your site is missing or has a hard-to-find call to action. You want to make it easy for people to contact you. “Buy now!” “Visit Our Store!” “Free Consultation” These are great examples of call to actions that should be displayed on your homepage and subpages in a clear, direct manner. The goal of your page is you want the people to complete the call to action, so you should make the action clear. Always direct the user on the page with what you want them to do next, whether it’s to go to your blog page, contact page, or online store.
- Create content on your site for every type of customer. Each customer who visits your site can be in different stages of the buying process. You want blogs, infographics, e-books, product pages, coupons, videos, product comparisons, newsletters, and social media content. These varied types of content can help raise awareness for your brand, help people consider your product/service, convince people to buy your product/service, and keep/upsell current clients.
- Share testimonials on pages that reflect what the testimonial is talking about.
- You’re missing meta descriptions and meta titles. Google, and other search engines, use the meta information to rank you with the appropriate keywords. Make sure your pages have this information filled out with the appropriate keywords and info you need to rank.
- If you’re a local business, your content should be locally-focused, especially if that’s where the bulk of your business will come from. You want your content to reflect your local market’s needs.
- List a price or price range for your products/services. A potential lead will be more likely to reach out to you. No prices can scare a lot of visitors away. These leads already know your price/range, so they are likely to be a better lead.
- Connect with your audience using language they will understand. Professional terms and jargon will only confuse people.
- Make sure the content is organized and flows well to make logically sense.
Work with a Digital Marketing Company to Help Write Your Content
There are many ways to create the content on your site for SEO purposes. To tackle this undertaking, it’s a good idea to come up with a content plan. You want to make sure the content your writing connects with your audience, contains your keywords, and gives the users a call to action. Writing content can be overwhelming, so this would be a good task for experienced SEO writers to handle.
Our team at Fincel Design can help implement a SEO and digital marketing content strategy for you, so your site can rank higher on the search engines and have more conversions. We are a full service digital marketing agency located in Jacksonville, Florida. Let’s get your content optimized today! Request a quote or call 904-834-0509